My hall was planning on going ice climbing. Unfortunately, we had to cancel when we woke up to over a foot of snow. What’s better than food to cheer people up? Our dinning halls were advertising double chocolate Cannolis for Valentine’s Day. Unfortunately, they were fake! Even though you start with a Cannoli shell; filling it with chocolate cool whip and dipping the ends in rainbow sprinkles does NOT equal a Cannoli. Since then I have been craving legit Cannolis with smooth ricotta filling dotted with mini chocolate chips. I always did like the shells so I decided to go with a Cannoli Dip that everyone on my hall can make together and share together. The snowy trek to the supermarket was well worth the effort.
- 1 (15oz) contaner of ricotta
- 1/3 c greek yogurt or cream cheese
- 1/4 c powdered sugar
- (optional: 2 tsp granulated sugar)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 c mini chocolate chips
- Container of Strawberries
- 1 package of waffle cones
- Simply mix ricotta, yogurt or cream cheese, powdered sugar and vanilla until smooth.
- If you like some grit to your filling, add granulated sugar.
- Mix in half of the chocolate chips.
- Sprinkle the remaining chocolate chips on the top.
- Arrange strawberries and crushed waffle cones in a bowl to use for dipping.